PPL (H) Training
What are the PPL Helicopter course requirements?
- At least age of 16 years
- Sufficient level of English language
- Sufficient level of knowledge of Physics and Mathematics
- Hold at least Class 2 medical in accordance with MED.A.030 (a) and (c);
- Fulfill an application form for the course and get acquainted with the internal rules and procedures
- You have to bring an identity document and sign a study agreement to be enrolled in the course
Course descriptionThe PPL(H) training course theoretical knowledge program consists of the following subjects:
- Principles of Flight (POF)
- Aircraft General Knowledge (AGK)
- Radio Communications (COMM)
- Meteorology (MET)
- Human Performance and Limitations, including TEM (HP)
- Navigation (NAV)
- Air Law (LAW)
- Operational Procedures including General Flight Safety (OPS)
- Flight Performance and Planning (FPL).
The PPL(H) training course flight instruction program consists of the following stages:
- Stage 1: Basic maneuvers, emergency procedures, and preparation for solo flights
- Stage 2: Solo practice and advanced maneuvers and preparation for solo cross-country flights
- Stage 3: Solo cross-country flights and preparation for skill test.
Duration of the TrainingThe PPL(H) training course theoretical knowledge comprises at least 100 hours of theoretical knowledge instruction such as formal classroom work and also such facilities as interactive video, slide and tape presentation and other media. Normally the duration of the PPL theoretical knowledge course is 11 months. The program may be extended or compressed, depending on the calendar, holidays and a student's ability to learn.The minimum flight instruction time for the PPL(H) training course is 45 hours, including:
- at least 25 hours of dual flight instruction
- at least 10 hours of supervised solo flight time, including at least 5 hours of solo cross-country flight time with at least one cross-country flight of at least 185 km (100 NM), during which full stop landings at two aerodromes different from the aerodrome of departure shall be made
- 35 of the 45 hours of flight instruction have to be completed on the same type of helicopter as the one used for the skill test.